To better grasp the arrest warrant regulations currently applicable in Calhoun County, Alabama, you may need to read the information presented on this page. Soon after a criminal act is committed and is taken into account by the local authorities in Calhoun County, an arrest warrant needs to be brought in front of a sitting judge. The judge will then have to decide whether there is a plausible “probable cause” for the arrest warrant to become an active warrant.
The moment the judge will approve the warrant, it will signal the police officers in Calhoun County, AL, to initiate the search, finding, and incarceration of the respective individual. If the Sherriff’s department here does not succeed, the active arrest warrants will lose their legal force and turn into outstanding warrants. If you are looking to see a list of all outstanding warrants in this County, you could follow this link http://www.calcoso.org/outstanding_warrants.cfm. You should find a complete range of data concerning the full name, date of the warrant, race, weight, height, age, the color of the eyes, and the amount of the bond.
This link here http://www.calcoso.org/most_wanted.cfm will offer you a full list of the most wanted individuals in the same County in the Alabama state. By following this link http://www.calcoso.org/sex_offenders.cfm, you should see a detailed list of all sex offenders in Calhoun County. Doing a warrant search is highly important to know the status of your current legal or criminal record, as well as the standard group of people you have recently met.
Who can help you with an over-the-phone warrant search and arrests inquiry in Calhoun County? (2021- Update)
- To request an arrest report or the police report of an incident/accident, contact the Administrative Division at 256-241-8039.
- To learn more about active warrants, contact the Warrants Clerk at 256-241-8040.
- For information on recent arrests and inmate arrest history, dial the phone number of the Calhoun County Jail Administration- 256-241-8032/256-236-5561.
- To obtain case-specific information concerning a criminal complaint, call the Detective Division at. 256-236-6600.
- To get information on help for crime victims, call District Attorney’s Office at 256-231-1770.
- For inquiries about court dates and judicial records, contact the Clerk of Circuit Court at 256-231-1750.
Crime statistics of Calhoun County
As compared to the 2018 crime average of 229 cases, the Calhoun County Sheriff’s Office received 158 criminal complaints in 2019. The figure included 144 criminal misdemeanors and 14 felonies.
There were 95 larceny thefts, 49 burglaries, and 0 car thefts in the category of misdemeanor crimes. There were 2 aggravated assaults, 5 rapes, and 7 robberies among the reported felonies.
The total number of crimes that have been recorded in Calhoun County, Alabama, between the years 1999 and 2008 goes over 47,000. Almost 14 percent of all those crimes were considered to be violent and have been recorded accordingly. As for the yearly statistics in the same County, more than 4,500 crimes occur here, out of which 50% are happening less than a mile from the victims’ home. Every 1.7 hours, someone is being killed, raped, or robbed there (including car thefts).