Upon arresting an individual in Mobile, Alabama, local authorities need to bring enough evidence against him in the court of law. The sitting judge needs to analyze the evidence and decide whether a valid reason exists to proceed with the individual’s arrest and detention. If the court of law does not identify a valid reason for the arrest, then the arrest will not occur. If a valid reason does exist, then the sitting judge will issue an arrest warrant in the individual’s name.
The moment the judge signs and approve the arrest warrant, it will become an active warrant. The law enforcement authorities will then be able to arrest the individual mentioned in the warrant.
Suppose you are interested in finding out whether an active arrest warrant is issued on your name in Mobile County, Alabama, or want to find information on someone’s arrest records. In that case, you can contact the Mobile County Sheriff’s Office or the Mobile Police Department.
As a side note, you should know that the warrants that remain active for too long in Mobile and have not been executed turn into outstanding warrants.
If you are also looking to find out who is currently incarcerated in Mobile, AL, you can visit this official link http://www.mobileso.com/whos-in-jail/ of the Mobile County Sherriff’s Office and get the information you need. Sex offenders are also under the Sherriff’s Office’s vigilant watch here, and this link http://www.sheriffalerts.com/cap_main.php?office=54195 should provide you with access to an extensive database of sex offenders.
Is it possible to get information on Mobile County arrest warrants and recent arrests over the phone? (2021-Update)
- To request arrest records/incident reports, call the Mobile County Sheriff’s Office at 251-574-2423.
- To inquire about recent arrests and request inmate arrest records, call the Mobile County Metro Jail at (251) 574-6412.
- To speak with an assigned investigator (only if you are the victim), call Criminal Investigations at (251) 574-8640.
- To ask about a case search, call the Clerk of Court at (251) 574-8511.
- To ask about arrest warrants, call the Warrants Unit at (251) 574-8657.
- To get a local criminal background check done, call the Records Unit at (251) 574-8660.
- To contact Victim/Witness Services, call (334) 574-8400.
Crime statistics of Mobile County
The Mobile County Sheriff’s Department received 14% fewer criminal reports in 2019. In the previous year, the local police had handled a few over 2,500 cases, while in 2019, this figure dropped to 2,155 cases. More than 2,000 complaints were filed against property offenses, while nearly 150 were for
More than 200,000 crimes were reported in Mobile County between 1999 and 2008, out of which 8 percent were reported as being violent. Half of all the crimes that occur during a year in this County happen less than a mile from home, and one could fall victim to murder, rape, or theft every 24 minutes on average.