If an active warrant has been issued against you in Escambia County, Alabama, this should give you enough cause for concern. After all, with such an arrest order in hand, the police can apprehend you from your home or office. Even if you no longer reside in the issuing county, you can always be deported to the area in which the warrant was issued.
So, if you fear that an outstanding warrant may be lurking in the criminal system of Alabama against you, an initial investigation is undoubtedly called for. The very first thing that you need to do is get a family member or friend to conduct an Escambia County warrant search on your behalf discreetly. If you do not want to get your loved ones involved in a legal matter, you could always get in touch with a lawyer.
If you are merely dealing with a bench warrant, these can usually be disposed of by paying the bail amount mentioned on order or appearing in court as ordered. In contrast, if such a detention decree was issued in a criminal case, you will need to have an attorney on your side. To look for arrest records and information on any Escambia County arrest warrants, you can send a person to:
- The police: 316 Court St, Brewton, Alabama 36426
- The magistrate’s office: 314 Belleville Ave, Brewton, AL 36427
- The county clerk’s department: Belleville Ave, Brewton, Alabama 36427
Remember, there is no way to evade arrest if a warrant has been issued against you. At the same time, you can run away from the law for a short period. You will be forced to watch every step in your professional and personal life as even the smallest of legal indiscretions will open up the proverbial can of worms for you.
Can you get details about Escambia County recent arrests and active warrants over the phone? (2021-data)
- Information on Escambia County outstanding warrants can be availed from the Sheriff’s Department- 251-809-0741.
- Question pertaining to the investigation of a criminal matter can be taken to the Sheriff’s Office – Main Office number given above, Atmore Office (251-368-4779) or Brewton Office (251-809-0741).
- Information about victim’s assistance can be sought by calling the DA’s Office- (334) 867-0239.
- Details about initiating a case search can be obtained from the Office of the Clerk of Court- (251) 867-0305.
Crime statistics of Escambia County
The Sheriff’s Office of Escambia County reported handling 664 crimes in 2019. This was lower than the annual crime average of 2018, which stood at nearly 750 incidents. However, the rise in the rate of violent crimes such as rape and homicide offered cause for concern.
In all, 144 criminal complaints were filed against violent crimes, of which 3 were filed against homicide, 108 against assault, 16 against rape, and 17 against burglary. In the property crimes category, larceny thefts were the reason for almost 390 complaints.
The crime rates of Escambia County, AL, spiraled down by almost 50% from 2001 to 2008. Despite this, over 1000 crimes are reported in the area annually, and more than 10% of these are instances of violent crime.