The police offer information in response to arrest warrant searches in Greene County, AL. The local law enforcement agency fulfills multiple responsibilities when it comes to processing adult offenders. Apart from looking for clues and evidence linked to a crime, they also make arrests when required.
Furthermore, the sheriff’s office passes information about the criminal infraction to various judiciary branches in a petition for an arrest warrant. For instance, the affidavit is filed either with the office of the magistrate or the county clerk. The judiciary then schedules a pre-warrant hearing. This is usually done within hours or even immediately after receiving the writ.
At this point, there is no need for the police to prove guilt beyond a reasonable doubt. They are merely trying to establish probable cause and show the magistrate based on the evidence alone; it is possible to hold the accused guilty for the crime in question. The magistrate considers the information offered in the affidavit and witness testimony, if need be, to ensure that there is exact, reasonable cause against the subject.
After the issue of an active warrant, detaining the accused under the order remains the responsibility of the cops. Once the offender is taken into custody, the sheriff’s office files arrest records in the case. It sends the original warrant back to the magistrate’s office to keep the judiciary in the loop about the detentions. Similarly, information on all Greene County outstanding warrants is relayed to the FBI. So to find crime history data, you can approach:
- Law enforcement: 400 Morrow Ave, Eutaw, Alabama 35462
- Judiciary: As above
- County clerk: P O Box 790, Eutaw, Alabama 35462
Will state agencies provide an arrest report or information about Greene County warrants over the phone? (Updated-2021)
- If you need an accident or arrest report, contact the Sheriff’s Department at (205) 372-3242.
- If you want to do a warrant search, contact the Eutaw Municipal Court at (205) 372-4215.
- If you want to know about arrests, use the phone number of the Greene County Jail- (205) 372-3152.
- If you are seeking information on assistance available to crime victims, call the Victim Service Officer at (205) 652-4119.
- If you want to know when a criminal case will be heard and how to obtain criminal court records, contact the Clerk of Court at (205) 372-3598.
Crime statistics of Greene County
In 2019, around 155 crimes were reported in Greene County. Of these, nearly 125 were property crimes, and around 30 were violent crimes.
Property crimes included 60 larceny-theft cases and over 45 burglary complaints, among others. The violent crime total included 28 instances of aggravated assault, 2 cases of rape, and 1 of robbery.
Older crime statistics
Residents bring in approximately 1560 complaints to the sheriff’s office of Greene County, Alabama, every year. The violent crime rate is at 14% of this figure. As far as crime trends went, things seemed bleak for the area, with an increase of almost 80% seen in violent crimes and a growth of 50% evident in the number of overall criminal acts in the last few years.