All active warrants in Geneva County, Alabama, are issued by the local tribunal to hear criminal matters. Arrest warrants are just a single type of legal provision used in legal issues; several other judicial instruments are frequently incorporated in criminal and civil cases. These include bench warrants, summons, and search orders, among others.
Information about all these legal provisions is maintained by several justice agencies, including the police because the sheriff’s department is usually responsible for serving these instruments. For instance, all active warrants issued by the court are released at the behest of the cops who petition the court with a writ.
This affidavit is used to establish probable cause, which is a legal prerequisite in the issue of warrants. Information about active arrest orders and outstanding warrants from Geneva County, which have yet to be executed, is maintained by the local police, the magistrate’s office that issued the decree, the office of the county clerk that keeps the court dockets.
The department of motor vehicles keeps records about automobile accidents, and all outstanding warrants are also recorded in the central, national criminal database maintained by the FBI. However, when you initiate a warrant search in Geneva, AL, you will only find arrest records and information on active warrants issued in the state through one of the government agencies mentioned above.
To gather information on the subject of your inquiry or even to get a personal background report notarized, you can go to:
- The sheriff: 101 Commerce St, Geneva, Alabama 36340
- The magistrate: 200 N Commerce St, Geneva, AL 36340
- The clerk of court: 2200 Commerce St, Geneva, Alabama 36340
Is it possible to obtain information about Geneva County arrest warrants and recent arrests by phone? (2021-Update)
- Geneva County recent arrests: 334-684-5671.
- Details about arrests and warrants handled by other law enforcement agencies in the area: (334) 684-2777 (Geneva PD), (334) 588-2222 (Hartford PD), (334) 886-3333 (Slocomb PD) and (334) 898-7118 (Samson PD).
- Information about active warrants: 334-684-5660.
- Details about a criminal case filed by you: 334-684-6947.
- Crime victim assistance: (334) 774-9500.
- Judicial information, including case records: 334-684-5620.
Crime statistics of Geneva County
Geneva County’s yearly crime rate dipped by 15% in 2019. So, around 245 criminal incidents were reported that year. Violent crimes led to the filing of 40 complaints in 2019. Among these were 7 occurrences of rape and 30 cases of serious assault. Larceny-theft accounted for 112 of the property crime complaints, while burglaries accounted for 74 of them.
Older crime statistics
Annually, almost 450 crimes occur in Geneva County. Of these, 12% of incidents are violent criminal acts, while the remaining occurrences are related to property damage and theft. Through the decade that started in 1999, there has been an increase of almost 70% in reported crime rates.