An active warrant is one of the preliminary judicial tools used when dealing with a criminal matter. While the powers of such an order are indisputable, just because a red flag emerges when you conduct an arrest warrants search in Washington County, AL, against a person you know does not mean that he will be put into jail.
Remember that because active warrants are sought to detain the accused initially, and a myriad of the legal process follow arrests, you cannot judge a person based on an only warrant in his name. In other words, when reading the background report on an individual, take the information with a pinch of salt.
If the results of your warrant search show that there is an outstanding warrant from Washington County in the name of your subject, one thing is for sure that sooner or later, he will be taken into custody. So, if you intend to put this individual in a critical position in your organization, you might want to think twice about this.
To look for information on arrest records and active warrants from Washington, you can go to any state office in the area that works towards issuing these orders. For instance, the office of the sheriff and the magistrate are undoubtedly in a position to offer details on arrest warrants, but also the county clerk’s office that keeps the court dockets will be able to undertake an inquiry of this nature for you. To connect with these agencies, you can head to:
- The police: PO Box 307, 45 Court St, Chatom, Alabama 36518
- The judiciary: 1 Court St, Chatom, AL 36518
- The clerk of court: P O Box 549, Chatom, Alabama 36518
Is it possible to access the Washington County warrant list and arrest records over the phone? (Current as of 2021)
- If you need arrest records, contact the Sheriff’s Department at 251-847-2202.
- If you wish to understand how to get access to criminal case records, contact the agency at 251-847-2775.
- If you are interested in judicial records, get in touch with the Clerk of Court’s office at 251-847-2239.
- If you need help for a victim, contact the District Attorney’s Office at 251-275-3144 /334-275-3144.
Crime statistics of Washington County
The Police of Washington County recorded 172 criminal complaints in 2019, which were filed against 148 property offenses and 26 violent offenses. Under these offense headers, cases were filed against:
- 22 assaults
- 30 burglaries
- 100 larcenies
- 18 car thefts
- 3 rapes
- 1 robbery
Like in most other areas of the state, Washington County, Alabama has also shown an alarming increase in crime rates. Violent crime figures peaked at 82%, while reported criminal activity surged ahead with almost 70% growth over the eight years from 2001. In this period, the area’s annual crime rate went from 100 to well over 280 cases.