The police are known to offer information in response to Lowndes County arrest warrant searches launched by official entities, civilian applicants, and private organizations. Because the sheriff’s department keeps records of arrests, active warrants, and case dispositions, you can find all details on criminal matters from this agency.
However, a background report needs to include more than just information on the criminal issues that the subject is embroiled in. When non-justice agencies conduct inquiries into arrest warrants, the applicants are often looking to find details on civil matters that the subject is involved in.
However, the police will not help you find these records beyond any bench warrants against the subject by civil tribunals. Suppose you are looking for a well-rounded background report that includes details on the outstanding warrants from Lowndes County in the name of this person, any arrest records that resulted from civil or criminal matters, charges brought against this individual, litigations against him, and case disposition. In that case, it will help to connect with the office of the county clerk.
The clerk of court maintains complete case records in the form of the court dockets. To connect with them or the office or the magistrate or the sheriff, you can head to:
- The sheriff: PO Box 157, Hayneville, Alabama 36040
- The magistrate: S Washington St, Hayneville, AL 36040
- The clerk of court: P O Box 5, Hayneville, Alabama 36040
Can you access the Lowndes County warrant list and arrest records over the phone? (Current in 2021)
- For details about arrests and inmates, contact the Lowndes County Jail at (334) 548-2222.
- For an arrest report and incident/accident records, contact the Sheriff’s Office at (334) 548-2151.
- For requesting an arrest report from Hayneville PD, contact the agency at (334) 548-2252.
- For seeking victim’s assistance, call the District Attorney’s Office at (334) 382-7444.
- For judicial records inquiries, call the Clerk of Court at (334) 548-2252.
Crime statistics of Lowndes County
The annual crime average of Lowndes County was 304 incidents in 2017. Of the complaints filed, property crimes clocked around 236 cases. In the violent crimes category, nearly 68 complaints were filed, of which 111 were against matters of assault.
Lowndes County undoubtedly finds a place in the list of Alabama’s neighborhoods with the lowest crime rates. The local police seldom receive more than 90 criminal complaints per annum, of which about 18 are violent acts. The growth in the incident rates of various crime categories has been mediocre, with a 30% rise seen in violent incidents.