A court may not violate the rights granted to all citizens by the Constitution by issuing arrest warrants without finding probable cause. To issue an arrest warrant, a judge must find that a reasonable person would believe that the suspect committed the alleged crime based upon the facts presented. If the judge finds this to be the case, he has probable cause for issuing a warrant for the suspect’s arrest. To search for arrest records in Elmore County, you must contact the Clerk of Court.
Elmore County, AL Clerk’s Office
The Clerk’s Office maintains the records for the court, including but not limited to criminal cases. For Elmore County, the office is located in the Elmore County Courthouse at 100 East Commerce Street, Wetumpka, AL 36092. Because there are no online resources for searching records in Elmore County, you must go to the courthouse during regular business hours to request to search the case records.
Elmore County, AL Sheriff’s Office
To request a criminal history, a list of active warrants, or check an inmate’s status, you must contact the Sheriff’s Office. The office is located at 8955 US Highway 231, Wetumpka, AL 36092. The Sheriff’s Office is charged with serving and executing arrest warrants issued by the court. Therefore, this is an essential resource when conducting a warrant search. Furthermore, the office can probably provide you with a list of the most wanted fugitives who have outstanding warrants in the county.
How do I obtain arrest records and warrant information from Elmore County over the phone? (Valid until 2021)
- To access information about warrants, contact the Sheriff’s Office at (334) 567-5546.
- To get information about recent arrests, call the Elmore County Jail at (334) 567-5441.
- To speak with a detective assigned to your case (only for victims), contact the Investigations Division at (334) 567-5546 ext. 3019.
- To get information about the process for conducting a local criminal background check, contact the local law enforcement office at (334) 567-5227.
- To reach Victim/Witness Services, please contact the Victim’s Advocate at (334) 567-2237.
- To get a certified statement of criminal court records, contact the Court Clerk’s Office at (334) 514-3116.
Elmore County, AL crime data
Between 2018 and 2019, Elmore County’s crime rate decreased by about 9%, from an annual average of 817 incidents to 737. In 2019, 669 complaints were submitted for property offenses, while the rest were for violent crimes.
More than 425 reports were filed for larceny-thefts, and over 175 complaints were filed for burglary. A few over 20 allegations of aggravated assault were among the 68 complaints lodged against violent crimes.
Compared to crime rates from nine similar counties between 1999 and 2008, Elmore County ranked in the bottom third for crime rates. This is even with an 82% increase in crime rates for the period. Of the approximately 10,750 crimes reported during these ten years, almost 90% of the crimes were related to theft and burglary. Only 12 murders were committed during this time in Elmore County.