Looking for arrest records in Marengo County, Alabama, can be a truly arduous task if you rely only on state agencies. Because most government departments follow the “show up for information” rule, you will have no choice but to drive down to the agency office in your quest for a warrant search. A decidedly simpler alternative is to, of course, look online.
However, you will be hard-pressed to find an official source that provides information on active warrants through the internet. Fortunately, you can use the services of a third-party data seller if you are merely looking for details on arrest warrants against an acquaintance. However, if this endeavor is done as a precursor to an employment offer, you will have to go through a government office.
So, if the background check is being conducted on a prospective employee or if you need a personal criminal history report to secure employment, you can go to the following agencies to look for details on Marengo, AL outstanding warrants:
- The sheriff’s department: 101 Dunn Street, Linden, Alabama 36748
- The county clerk’s office: 101 East Coats, Linden, Alabama 36748
- The magistrate’s court: As given above
You can approach any one of the agencies mentioned above for a Marengo County warrant search. However, if you also need details on civil litigations against a person, the court’s office clerk will be the ideal choice.
In contrast, if you also want to know about any search orders, bench warrants, and summons issued against the subject, it would be more appropriate to get in touch with the magistrate’s office. All agencies will charge a small fee for printed reports, but you can browse through the court dockets’ repository for free using the public service terminals at the county clerk’s office.
How do you inquire about active warrants and recent arrests from Marengo County over the phone? (2021-current)
- To ask about recent arrests, approach the Marengo County Jail at (334) 295-2257.
- To inquire about outstanding warrants, get in touch with Sheriff’s Office at (334) 295-4208.
- To learn about arrests made by Linden PD, call the agency at (334) 295-8697.
- To obtain an arrest report from Demopolis PD, contact the agency at (334) 289-3073.
- To learn more about how to get criminal court documents, contact the Clerk of Court at (334) 295-2224.
- To seek victim’s assistance, call the DA’s Office at (334) 289-2149.
Crime statistics of Marengo County
In 2019, nearly 180 crimes were reported in Marengo County. Of these, nearly 150 were property crimes, and 30 were violent crimes. That was a decrease of 31% when compared with the 263 complaints filed in 2018.
Property crimes included 77 larceny thefts and 53 burglaries. The violent crime total included 24 instances of aggravated assault, 3 cases of rape, and 3 of robbery.
Despite approximately ten incidents of murder and almost 55 cases of sexual assault in this county, violent crime is only responsible for 10% of the annual criminal incident average of nearly 625 occurrences. In most cases, the crime occurs when the victim is no more than a mile from his workplace or home.