When there is ample evidence to implicate a person in a crime, the police of Chilton County, AL, seek an active arrest warrant from the local criminal court. This document is a formal detention order issued by the judiciary that directs the law enforcement agencies in the county and across the country to bring the person in question before the court.
Information on all arrest records and outstanding arrest warrants issued in Chilton can be found with the sheriff’s department. So, when interested in a warrant search, this is where you need to start. The law enforcement officer is located at 500 2nd Avenue North, Clanton, Alabama 35045.
You can also speak to a representative of the sheriff’s department who handles records and administration over the phone at 205-755-4698. However, the state agency is at liberty to choose the channel through which information on criminal records is disseminated. At this point, the local police are opposed to the idea of offering arrest warrant related details on the phone, so visiting the agency in person is the only solution.
Unfortunately, like some other sheriff’s departments across the country, the Chilton county police do not offer a most-wanted list or a warrant search feature on their official website. However, there is another state authority that you can approach for background checks.
The county clerk’s office also maintains records of all arrests, detentions, verdicts, and warrant issues in the court dockets. Call on them at Judge Of Probate, Clanton, Alabama 35045, or you could mail in a formal request at P.O. Box 270, Clanton, Alabama 35045.
Finally, another judicial entity that holds arrest order-related information is the magistrate’s court. The agency is situated at 500 2nd Ave N, Clanton, AL 35045.
How do you contact state agencies for an arrest report or details about warrants from Chilton County over the phone? (Updated-2021)
- To find out about recent arrests, dial the phone number of the Chilton County Jail Main Office- (205) 755-1053.
- To get in touch with a detective who is handling your case (victims only), call (205) 755-4698.
- To report a person who has an outstanding warrant against him/her, call (205) 755-1120.
- To inquire about active warrants, calls the Circuit Clerk or Clanton PD at (205) 755-1194, Jemison Municipal Court at (205)-688-4491, Thorsby Municipal Court at (205) 646-3575 or the Maplesville Municipal Court at (334) 366-4211.
- To learn the procedure for a judicial records check, call the Circuit Court Clerk at
- To contact Victim/Witness Services, call the District Attorney’s Office at (205) 755-4242.
Crime statistics of Chilton County
In 2017, the Chilton County Sheriff’s Office handled over 880 criminal complaints. Of these, 715 reports involved property offenses, while 168 involved violent crimes. Larceny-theft had the highest occurrence rate among property crimes, with nearly 370 instances reported. As far as violent crimes were concerned, assaults brought in 144 cases, which was the highest in this category.
Over the eight years between 2001 and 2008, the crime figures in Chilton County, AL, have soared by a whopping 80% plus. This has undoubtedly impacted the number of criminal incidents reported in the area and the overall living environment. At the present moment, approximately 700 crime reports are filed, in which almost 20% are violent crimes.